On 12/1/16 9:39 AM, Jason Hanke wrote:

> Arin: $300
> Accounting: $1800 (includes postage for billing)
> Hardware support: $15000

Two questions.

1 - How does $1800 / year cover the costs of actually DOING the
accounting, e.g. creating new members & invoices, processing payments,
calling on collections, etc.  This number seems low to me. Additional
thought, some entities will want to pay with a credit card, we should
prepare for this and cover the costs of processing payments in the budget.

2 - Where is hardware refresh in the budget?  I see a clipped sentence
in your message ( This would cover hardware support and Arin fees and
accounting expense with the remainder going) - maybe it was in there?

We have been lucky to secure donations of equipment, but what about the
future? Your budget should include setting aside dollars for hardware
expansion and refresh, and not just switches, but route servers too.

Additional thoughts, if new technologies emerge and a hardware vendor
that has said technology doesn't feel like donating equipment, how would
we proceed without a hardware budget?  And... by accepting donations
from hardware vendors, we are setting the precedent of "picking a
winner", and could cause headache/heartache in the future.

I strongly suggest we use the port fees to pay for hardware refresh as
well as hardware maintenance.

Bil

--
Bil K. MacLeslie | TGWGTD | ipHouse | www.ipHouse.com
Office: 612-337-6337 | Direct: 612-337-6206 | Cell: 612-618-1218