Looks like our BGP session with MRS2 bounced around 3:47 pm.  Can someone who has access confirm that the copper link bounced, too?

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nevin Lyne
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 11:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] RR#2 cable?

I think I have a pair of fiber NICs and optics I can donate for the two systems. I will touch bases with you next time I am in the IPHouse data center, Doug.

-Nevin

On Monday, December 19, 2016 11:23pm, "Doug McIntyre" <[log in to unmask]> said:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:34:28PM -0600, Matthew Beckwell wrote:
>> I reseated the SFP/cable.  Appears to be back up and passing traffic.
>> Although it didn't seem particularly loose to me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I've seen in the past just certain Cat5e cables and certain manufactorer
> machines just didn't play too well together. Swap out one for the other
> and it works fine. Probably the race to the bottom/cheapest in commodity
> parts gives some pretty loose tolerances sometimes.
>
> I think Jeremy has some spares, although I don't know what. We could
> probably also do a fiber NIC in the RR's at some point as well if we
> didn't want to get a copper SFP involved.
>
> --
> Doug McIntyre                            <[log in to unmask]>
>                     ~.~ ipHouse ~.~
>        Network Engineer/Provisioning/Jack of all Trades

-- Nevin Lyne
-- Founder & Director of Technology
-- Arcustech, LLC. - arcustech.com
-- Gippy's Internet Solutions, LLC. - enginehosting.com