Happy new year, and thank you all for your support in 2016.

http://ix-denver.org/?q=patrons
http://ix-denver.org/?q=member-list

Thanks to all of you, we've made huge strides already. We met our first year goals of connecting 10 members, reaching traffic peaks over 1Gbps, and hosting our first event (open bar, dude). We admit however that these were humble goals, and so now we're turning our eyes to the future; 2017 and beyond!

Before I jump into our plans for this year and beyond, I need to check in with all of you. Our primary focus is in providing value to our members and our greater community. How are we doing? What have we done right? What could we do better? Where are we exceeding your expectations? What mistakes have we made? While I can't promise we'll be able to to do everything you suggest over the next 12 months, I do promise we'll do our very best to accomplish everything that falls within...

Our Mission:
Provide open, neutral, community oriented, and membership based Interconnection eXchange Points.

and

Our Vision:
Constantly improve inter-connectivity across the Internet community.

But why?

We're just a group of network engineers who believe in the growing importance of the Internet across almost all facets of modern life. We share a passion for "the Internet way" and more importantly we think Denver should be a hub. The tech (and fiber) density and geographic opportunity here in Denver is undeniable. What we've lacked until now is really rock star interconnection - and we hope to help change that.

Specifically we aim to increase interconnection in Denver by providing an open, easily accessible fabric and by stimulating positive change in the data center behavior (and maybe even pricing). We also hope to foster the huge but mostly unconnected Denver NetEng community by providing a focal point, and shining a light on all the great folks here in our region. We are determined to provide both the tools and the incentive for interaction, right here, in folks backyards - or neighborhood bars. If we are successful at all we will be setting an example for other regions along the way, by following those who have set an example for us. We (us and you included) have the opportunity to demonstrate the power of an open, transparent, grassroots platform for innovation.

But how?

We want all of you to take advantage of our members mailing list, you can subscribe here:
https://lists.iphouse.net/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=IXDENVER&A=1

Feel free to provide input on what announcements you'd like to see here, or not see here; and what kind of discussion you'd like to see moderated if any. We plan for this to be a valuable place for discussion.

Building an IX is about a lot more than a mailing list of course, and we have lots of other plans as well.

We plan to grow the fabric, both with new members and new locations. We plan to grow the community with more events and more of a social presence. We plan to grow our services, initially with a redundant route server. And we plan to grow our interconnection, initially by connecting with MICE.

Help Us!

Your input is as important to us as your membership dues. Please let us know how we can best serve you and the greater community. And please do continue to help us fund all of this work with those dues! =) Together we will make 2017 a landmark year in Denver interconnection history!

Cheers,
~Chris

--
President, IX-West