Can Observium produce aggregate graphs?  I was googling but found mixed answers to the question.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Chris Wopat <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 03/29/2017 08:47 AM, Andrew Hoyos wrote:
How does the community feel about something other than cacti, so you don’t have to click 8000 times when an interface changes? :)

Observium could do the same thing here (perhaps with even more information than we have now), and aggregate could automatically be generated based on an interface description tag (i.e.: “Peering: SomeISP [10g]” )

I would happily volunteer VM/time/effort to help make this morebetter.

I am certainly a fan of this system when compared to cacti. For those who have not used it, once you add the host it pretty much auto discovers everything and stays up to date.

The interface description parsing bit that Andrew mentioned is especially nice. PHP Weathermap is currently integrating with Cacti, there is a way to do that with Observium as well, but requires some pointing and clicking (or manual file manipulation).

--
Chris Wopat
Network Engineer, WiscNet

David Farmer               Email:[log in to unmask]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952