On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 09:19:39AM -0500, Mike Horwath wrote:
> Bilateral are unaffected and they can arrange things anyway with their
> peers.

I think there is a lot more bilateral BGP going on across MICE than you think.
While I probably go talk to anybody, I have 11 unilateral peers on MICE besides
the two route servers.

I think BFD for BGP would do a lot more good than BGP filtering if people would
implement it.

Speaking of that, I have passive BFD testing on route server #1 for quite some time.
I've heard of zero problems.

I would like to go more widespread than the test people (ie. offer it
to every member connection on route server #1)

Since it is passive, the member end drives it, if they do it, the
route server will do it, if they don't, nothing else happens. I'd also like
to roll out passive BFD as default for new members.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~