Arvig would also be interested in this at some point.

Ben Wiechman
Director of Information Technology (Interim)
Direct: 320.256.0184
Cell: 320.247.3224

150 Second Street SW | Perham, MN 56573 | arvig.com

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:29 AM, Corey Hines <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Mike and MICE-Discuss,

Side topic based on Mike's comments. Hardware labs of course require gear, but Arista also distributes EOS as veos-lab. This is EOS as a VM. Typically, you can put 8 front panel interfaces on the VM and use your hypervisor's virtual switches to connect them together. Now, a vswitch as interswitch link has a few caveats, but this is a great way to learn EOS and work with some of the features that has made us a network engineer's friend.

Let me know if we can start a thread to discuss this further or if anyone wants to organize a virtual event to help MICE members build veos labs on ESXi, Ravello, vbox, or other hypervisor or platform like EVE-NG or even GNS3. I have personal experience with all but GNS3.

Thanks everyone!

-Corey

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 08:01:43PM +0000, DeLong, Owen wrote:
> I favor MICE finding a way to add these to the exchange.

I concur.

I also have a lab that would love some Arista gear so I can get more
knowledge on how it all works vs just reading things :) (not kidding
on the lab, kidding on the request)

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via [log in to unmask]