There is an old Cisco router in place now as the LG router. If a network topology change is being considered for the router, it seems like it would be a good time to swap over the *new* router, the one Jeremy and I mounted (less old hardware, less old IOS, and a bit more beefy hardware specs) a few months ago into the MICE cabinet with essentially a duplicate config. It can obviously handle multi-homing so one gig interface could be on the MICE network (as it currently sits) and one gig interface could go somewhere else (eg iphouse, USI, etc) with full Internet reachability. Especially given the bandwidth needs of such a router are quite minimal, I doubt anyone would have problems with donation. Heck, could even spin up a separate MICE VLAN for this second interface in order to just use existing cross-connects if so desired.

Side note, changing out the router may require a few tweaks to the current traffic graphing scripts used for BGP route collections and what not, possibly other things/record keeping might be needed as well: DNS records, device/network documentation, some ACL's on the router for the possible new Interface being used, other things my tired brain isn't conceiving at the moment, etc.

From: MICE Discuss [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Nevin Lyne [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Looking glass

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 1:02pm, "DeLong, Owen" <[log in to unmask]> said:

> Seems to me that putting a port on the LG server on the same network as the MICE
> web site wouldn’t be a bad plan if there’s appropriate physical
> proximity to make this easy.
>
> Owen

The MICE web site hosting is donated/provided by us, but we are not directly on the exchange, our connection to MICE is provided by IPHouse's peering on MICE. So I don't see that working for the LG.

-- Nevin Lyne
-- Founder & Director of Technology
-- Arcustech, LLC. - arcustech.com
-- Gippy's Internet Solutions, LLC. - enginehosting.com