From: Job Snijders <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM
Subject: [routing-wg] a new source for authoritative routing data: ARIN
WHOIS
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear RIPE WG,

I'm sharing a copy of what I sent to NANOG. This is specifically of
interest to networks and route server operators that have customers who
also operate in the ARIN region.

In the RIPE region we've always had the convenience that the "WHOIS"
('inetnum') and "IRR" ('route/route6') components of the database were
interleaved. Only the IP block's owner can create or authorise others
regarding creation of route-objects. This coupling of WHOIS and IRR
doesn't exist at rr.arin.net vs whois.arin.net - so I consider the
following a significant improvement.

Kind regards,

Job