I would argue that disclosure to the general public is, indeed inappropriate,
except as part of any treasurers report as noted below.

However, disclosure to the membership is not disclosure to the public. It is
disclosure to the “owners” of the business who by the very nature of this discussion
are obviously decision makers in the process.

It is pretty normal to disclose quote details to the decision makers.

Is there a MICE-MEMBERS list that isn’t open to the public? If not, certainly disclosure
to individual members that request the data (consider this such a request from Akamai)
is entirely appropriate. As a practical matter, since no NDA exists here, I agree not
to further disclose the numbers to anyone outside of those that would legitimately have
input on the decision or in authoring feedback from Akamai (strictly Akamai internal).

Owen