My 2c is proceed but consider the following

1) space out changes the route servers by a day or so.
2) force reset bgp on the changed route server.

As someone who has previously screwed up control plane BGP filters (such that sessions only came up if remove side was active), I believe step #2 will shake out anyone who has their control plane filters wrong.  Not really MICE's fault per se, but a nice gesture.

-Michael