On Apr 2, 2018, at 11:03 PM, Doug McIntyre <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes, that is an option.
>
> So, you're suggesting that we kick over the non-configured IPv6 peers
> over to passive BGP on the BIRD6 side? I don't think that should be a
> default option, although I don't think it matters too much if it is
> BIRD trying to initiate the BGP or the client.

I’d vote for passive BGP sessions (v4/v6) on the route servers across the board, already established or not. Easy solution to the issue at hand and sane default. “Quiet unless spoken to”.

Many other IX’s do this by default (AMSIX, SIX, Denver-IX, etc).

I’m not sure I see any downsides to this behavior.

--
Andrew Hoyos