On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 9:07 PM Jeremy Lumby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am in favor of this, especially if we have someone that is experienced
> that is willing to help.  I would propose that we start with RS#2 and test
> for a while, then we can notify people who's prefixes are being rejected
> prior to applying to RS#1.  I would also propose that at the same time we
> set RS#2 to be passive so that it cuts down on the chatter that it is
> creating on the exchange waiting for people to connect, or people who have
> not yet turned up their v6 sessions.  I think this would be a great point
> of discussion at the next UG.

Generally, that is the suggested plan, but also set a two or three week
deadline between filtering on RS#2 and RS#1, and no white listing
execptions either.

Yes, we should discuss this on Wednesday. I think it is really important to
hear from anyone who doesn't think this is a good idea, and why.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email:[log in to unmask]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952