FYI,

As of right now the LinkedIn post I did 9 days ago, has 104 Likes, 12 Comments, and over 7000 views.
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6486075016726269952

Also, based on the discussion yesterday, this morning I posted the following to the LinkedIn comment thread;

@Job Snijders it comes down to the interpretation of the Open-IX standard.

”The IXP MUST publish on a publicly available website the total sum of all incoming and outgoing traffic in bps from all connected networks on the public peering VLAN.”

We took that as ”the sum of all ingress and egress [together].” Where it seems others took that as ”the sum of all ingress and [separately the sum of all] egress.”

We discussed this at our meeting yesterday, and we are going to stick with our interpretation, at least for now. Our graph is clear; our total number is the sum of both ingress and egress, and it has them both separately identified along with the total of the two. This allows the reader to decide how to interpret the data.

open-ix.silkstart.com