If you take a look some of the others that publicly report bandwidth levels, as an example:

https://www.seattleix.net/statistics/
https://www.netnod.se/ix-stats/sums/All.html
https://www.torix.ca/traffic-statistics/
https://ix-denver.org/traffic/
http://www.kcix.net/

All seem to be reporting/collecting both in/out, but not stacking them together.

I’d agree that the 500gbps seems “double counted”.

—
Andrew Hoyos