This maintenance will begin within the next 30 minutes.
-Mark

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM Mark Calkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Greetings Valued IX-Denver Members,

We will be conducting extensive maintenance starting the night of August 14th on or near 11:00pm MDT (05:00 UTC).  This work is to standardize and overall improve our core in the 910 Telecom meet me room.  At or near the start time we will begin blackholing BGP keepalives so BGP sessions and traffic will roll off naturally. You may see ports go down and come up multiple times during this work but BGP keepalive discarding will remain in effect until we are finished.

Scope of work:
- Software and OS patching of route servers and hypervisors.
- Physical move of both route server hypervisors to a new cabinet.
- Physical move of infrastructure routing and switching gear to a new cabinet.
- Re-racking/stacking peering switching gear to optimal positions to account for new cable management, future 100g switches, and organized future growth.
- Code upgrades to all core switches for support of cutover to layer 3 EVPN VXLAN overlay (core underlay/overlay cutover will be in separate maintenance in the near future).
- Cut in optical mux equipment for expanding bandwidth capabilities in and out of our core.

We know this is a lot but we think we can complete this work in a timely manner.  We expect the work will take approximately 3 hours to complete.  Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.  I will send a reminder shortly before the work begins, and a closing message when we are complete.

Cheers,
-Mark

To unsubscribe from the IXDENVER list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(IXDENVER,SIGNOFF);