I think there is some confusion – the original thread was talking about DCN, not SDN.   SDN is a long-time MICE member and hasn’t ever had any issues that I recall.

From: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Gary Glissendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 3:45 PM
To: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Saturated ports

I noticed this thread today but wasn’t sure what topic started the thread.  SDN like Corey said our customers report latency, packet loss quickly if we have saturation.  We monitor and alert on network saturation at 60% and if needed we adjust prefix advertisements until we can find the proper balance and then increase bandwidth when needed.  We have not developed a cool automatic was to do this yet but we rarely have issues with Peaks or DDoS Attacks.  It’s the occasional fiber cuts that can cause us issues and the need to adjust bandwidth.

What was topic that started the Thread about BW and reports.

Gary Glissendorf | Network Architect

[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
2900 W. 10th St.
| Sioux Falls, SD 57104
(w) 605.978.3558   | (c) 605.359-3737 | (tf) 800.247.1442
SDN NOC 877.287.8023
NOC Support email:
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

“Ausgezeichnet Zueinander Sein”