Hi Darin,

As Jay mentioned our caching presence at MSP is going away.

Once our AS15169 peering became active with MICE route servers last week, we disabled peering from AS36040 to the MICE route servers. That gracefully shifted traffic from our caches to our AS15169 connection.

We still have some BGP sessions up on AS36040 but shortly those will be removed/changed to AS15169, as we remove AS36040 presence in MSP and at MICE.

One item to share, if not widely known, is that AS15169 serves all Google traffic, where as AS36040 is only cachable traffic. So, if you happen now to see more traffic from Google AS15169 compared to AS36040 that is likely the cause.

This is explained here: https://peering.google.com/#/infrastructure

Thanks,
Dave

--