I agree this can affect multiple parties.

Say we let our port get saturated. Now all the content providers start receiving trouble calls. Netflix, akamai, YouTube, traffic between us and any MICE peer is congested and our customers will probably blame us but they may also blame the other peer who they receive traffic from when it's not their fault.

I don't think blocking a port is a good idea but I think proactive notifications is a good first step then more harshly worded emails if that doesn't work.

We don't want to let anyone think running a port at 100% is a good idea. It puts a burden on more than just the member with a congested port in my opinion like Ben said.