MICE has had several requests from ethernet transport vendors to hand
customers to MICE on individual vlans over a single port.

It might be worth looking into a bridge domain offering where MICE
pops the tags off and enforces the required security.

If this were added MICE would have two types of remote connectivity,
full remote switch and MICE transport provider.

This service is already available from several of the remotes by
stacking a transport switch in front of the remote and breaking the
customers out into their own ports. To my knowledge, this setup has
been very effective at isolating issues down to a single
customer/port.

I believe this is supported in newer Arista code but was a bit of a
mess to get the graphing and security to to work. If we did something
like this the best course of action might be to place a pizza box and
do and uplink into the main fabric.

Connecting to one of the "local" remote switches is also a very viable option.

--
Jay Hanke, President
South Front Networks