I agree with Richard that we shouldn't put the board in the position up
have to make judgement calls on a case by case basis. I'd rather see clear
guidelines be established along with good language around when a
misbehaving member port can be shutdown for non-compliance that provides
the board with a reasonable level of latitude with regard to enforcement.

I don't think it's good practice to put board members in that position
either as it may expose them to some level of legal liability if their
judgement call is later challenged versus basing decisions on guidelines
that were approved by a majority of members. None of this would prevent
amendments to those guidelines from being voted on later either so I'd look
at this as an effort at getting it reasonably correct initially fully
expecting to tweak and refine things later as issues are encountered with
the language or things aren't totally clear.

-Brady Kittel
HCMC