On 12/2/19 6:08 PM, Justin Krejci wrote:
> I advocate an official MICE position that switch fabric hardware be
> dedicated to MICE but allow the board to make exceptions to this
> position on a case by case basis, where the requesting entity can plead
> a case and provide justification/explanation on why they feel it
> necessary to provide remote access via a shared switch fabric, eg as in
> this case it would allow WiscNet to provide additional networks to
> connect to MICE that otherwise would not, while WiscNet otherwise has a
> clean reputation within MICE and nobody has any reason to suspect they
> are up to anything shady, and they are intending to use modern hardware
> not some ancient 2000's era hunk o junk. The board can then measure the
> request and approve or reject the exception request as they deem best
> for the exchange using their own prerogative.

I think the board is hesitant to go down the road of making judgements
based on _who_ is making a proposal. Treating all participants equally
has been a very high priority.

The "who", in terms of organization, can change through acquisitions. I
realize that's not going to be the case with an organization like
WiscNet, but we already saw this with the Neutral Path remote.

The "who", in terms of people, can also change through staffing changes.

--
Richard