Google may have other reasons for sending you traffic via transit, depending on service/location of data/capacity/etc.
Just because you peer, doesn’t mean you should expect 100% of your traffic to flow via that session.
Same goes for Akamai and others.

On Mar 18, 2020, at 8:59 AM, Darin Steffl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Does Google have plans to add another 100G port? In the isp.google.com portal for us, many nights we see almost 50% of google traffic coming in over transit during the peak times so Google must be shifting traffic away from the IX once they're hitting about 90 Gbps.

I opened a ticket with them but they said it looks normal when it doesn't to me. We should be near 99% IX traffic with them if their port wasn't saturated.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:55 AM Ryan Goldberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yah – I think there was a lot of backburnered ideas that are suddenly seeming like great ideas.

From: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jay Hanke
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Please welcome Fairview Health Services to MICE!

Many of the networks are preparing for an extended quarantine period. MICE is seeing near record daily traffic. We will likely surpass the super bowl peak traffic sometime in the next 3 to 5 days.

We will also likely see another large spike in traffic when the remote learning starts for K-12 and University students over the coming weeks.