On 4/6/20 4:50 PM, Frank Bulk wrote:
> One our IPs, 96.31.13.225, was on the receiving end of a volumetric DoS
> attack for about 20 minutes and some of the incoming traffic was going
> over our MICE link.
>
> Do the MICE admins have a way to blackhole our IP, if needed?

No.

I'd love to see us implement something like this:
https://www.seattleix.net/blackholing

Let's see if we can get this done. Here's what I see as steps:

1) Pick IPs and MACs.
   Here's a proposal:
     IPv4: 206.108.255.0
       same idea as SIX
     IPv6: 2001:504:27:0:0:FFFF::666
       from 65535:666 used in RFC 7999
     MAC: 66:66:de:ad:be:ef
       same as SIX

2) Jeremy?: Configure MAC ACLs to drop traffic to that MAC on the core
            switches.

3) Doug?:   Configure the route servers to:
              accept /32 (IPv4) and /128 (IPv6)
              set next-hop to the blackhole IP (see above)
              add no-export community
            when:
              next-hop == blackhole IP
              OR
              65535:666 is set
            See also the BIRD example on the SIX page.

4) Me: Document this on our website & notify the members it's ready.
       Ask, but not require, that remote switches do the same.

--
Richard