A little more info on this is that I noticed outages to AS209 as well.  I am directly connected to AS209 in Minneapolis, and experienced loss to some fiber/DSL connections on AS209 in MN on the outskirts of the Twin Cities metro.  An interesting side note is that connections on AS209 in Minneapolis/St Paul proper stayed reachable.

-----Original Message-----
From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doug McIntyre
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 12:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Internet is down!

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 11:53:22AM -0500, Austin Gillmann wrote:
>Mmmm happy I wasn't on-call this weekend :). Woke up late this Sunday is
>there a good article out there for those still living under a rock?

Around 5:30AM CDT today, AS3356 stopped passing traffic to many (all?) of
their Tier1 peers it seemed world-wide. The CL tickets say that they
introduced a bad flowspec option into their global config dropping BGP
sessions all around (I assume to their peers, as none of our transit
L3 BGP sessions dropped).

Even when one dropped their transit BGP peer into AS3356, they'd still
were BGP announcing your prefixes out, causing further traffic disruption.

Some people reported to keep your BGP session up, but depreference any
learned routes from AS3356, and that seemed to help out with getting traffic.

Around 10:00AM CDT, they fixed up their configs, and traffic started
flowing normal.