This is being actively worked on. Understand this was obviously not a planned outage...

Reid

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021, 12:00 AM Darin Steffl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 10:02pm, HE lost multiple waves feeding their Rochester POP again. This is the 3rd major outage event in July. The POP is now running on only one circuit and is congested running at 100% capacity so speeds for us and other customers are bottlenecked.

I encourage anyone with circuits at Rochester to email [log in to unmask] and ask them to resolve these continued issues by bringing in another circuit that is redundant to their current ones. This is the second of two congestion events and the worst was when they went down completely when all 3-4 paths were cut or down from maintenance in early July.

I have been very happy with HE up until now but 3 major events in less than a month does not inspire confidence. I have reported each issue and they respond it's fiber cuts or maintenance causing it and to wait it out. Each time, I've requested they work with some other fiber providers to procure a new circuit taking a different path.
--
Darin Steffl
Minnesota WiFi