Hi everyone-

FYI in case others are impacted.

We had many reports inside AS3128 of problems with Google services [AS15169] beginning around 15:47 CST.

I won't bore folks with all details but in short, we observed what looked like a hashing issue.  For example, our ip w.x.y.z could ping 8.8.8.8, but not w.x.y.z+1.

I was able to reproduce easily myself with 8.8.4.4.  Our primary outbound path to 8.8.4.0/24 was MICE.  Swinging our outbound path didn't fix anything, but I was able to work around our issues at ~17:38CST by sending 0:15169 to the MICE RR.  The relief was basically immediate, so the problem appears to have been inbound from Google via MICE.

Hard to say where the issue is/was.  I am on a remote switch, but no other issues with other MICE ASN were reported inside AS3128, FWIW.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else had/has a problem or if anyone has a suggestion on how to make positive contact with Google on this as we are not direct GGC or direct PNI users.  For example, is [log in to unmask] my best/only bet?  I know some have suggested IRC in the past, I do not run in those circles but I guess I will learn to if that's my only real option.

Thanks-
-Michael