On 1/30/22 11:29, Michael Hare wrote:

> I don't think https://www.micemn.net/technical.html needs major
> changes.  Maybe change “Operators are responsible for the costs of
> operating their remote switch and the links to the core switch.” to
> “Operators are responsible for the costs of operating their remote
> switch and the links [TOWARDS] the core switch.”

I'm happy with the current language. My take on this is that
remote-off-remote operators are still responsible for getting all the
way to the core, congestion-free. For example, in this case, NOCIX is
responsible for getting back to the core congestion-free. If they choose
to go through MN VoIP, that's their business (subject to MICE board
approval), but it does not release them from their obligation to get all
the way back congestion-free. If MN VoIP (e.g. gets sold to Evil Telco
tomorrow and) refuses to upgrade the links as needed, then NOCIX needs
to find another way to get back to the core (or kill their remote
switch). This is separate from MN VoIP's obligation to do the same.

--
Richard