> We didn't have anything down in that area in our maintenance/outage list.
> Another carrier has been fighting a cut between Winona and Wabasha in a difficult location. Maybe HE has some services through them as well? It seems out of the way, but...

There's only so many viable hops out of RST that go someplace useful
for peering. The stuff heading towards Chicago gets horribly congested
during network events. If that cut is on the CP rail between Winona
and Wabasha that would remove a good chunk of capacity between MN and
Chicago.

MICE can help quite a bit with the Chicago problem...