On 10/31/22 08:59, Steve Howard wrote:

> Below is a message indicating the current policy as decided by the MICE
> Board in December 2019 is that the MAC address limit is 1.
>

> The subject of Jay's message indicates "Static" MAC, but, the text seems
> to indicate a limit of 1.  I like the 1 address limit, but, am not a fan
> of Static.  Was the current issue caused by somebody not having a proper
> MAC address limit installed?

Quick note to consider. Yes, there should be a mac limit. Certain vendor
hardware may restrict the way this is done - as in, some vendor kit may
allow one to set a mac limit of 1 (to anything) and some may only permit
static mac, and some may permit both.

WiscNet's remote switch is currently set to static mac, this is because
of a vendor change that prevented the mac limit from working.

Forcing one way or the other may be difficult to achieve, but the limit
should exist in some form.

--
Chris Wopat
Network Engineer, WiscNet