On Tue, 2023-05-09 1:20 p.m., Richard Laager wrote:
> I am specifically interested in feedback on this point. But please,
> only real-world scenarios, no speculation ("someone might ...").
>
> Background:
>
>   * This setting is per-participant.
>   * Order is important. When looking for a given IRR object, the first
>     source that includes that object will be used.

In my (limited) experience, the filter generator makes a prefix-list
using objects from all the approved IRRs that match the contents of the
AS-SET.

In my case, that means route(6) objects from ARIN and RADB are combined
to make a prefix-list that's bigger than just ARIN or RADB-sourced objects.

The order has not been relevant, nor specified.

No need for NONAUTH sources, and ARIN has completely retired theirs.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan Stewart
Network Engineer